Priests & Deacons Associate of the Holy House
2,000 Priests & Deacons Associate who come with, or without, their congregation to minister at the Shrine.
Priests Associate undertake to say a monthly Mass for the Shrine. Permanent Deacons Associate are asked to offer their participation at Mass - monthly if possible - for the work of the Shrine. All are remembered each day at Shrine Prayers.
The joining donation is £10 (to cover the first year's membership - badge, mailings etc.) Thereafter we ask for a minimum annual donation of £10 per year to cover the cost of the Walsingham Review, etc.
Further information and application form - for new members.
(Priests Associate wishing to renew their annual subscription please visit the Renew Your Membership page.)
Priests & Deacons* Associate of the Holy House undertake:
- To honour Mary, the Mother of God and to deepen faith in the incarnation of Our Lord.
- To promote devotion to Our Lady and pilgrimage to Walsingham.
- To further, with the aid of Our Lady's prayers, the conversion of the nations and the re-union of Christendom.
- To seek holiness of life through prayer, the scriptures and the sacraments.
- To say the Angelus each day.Priests Associate are asked to offer Mass, monthly if possible, for the work of the Shrine and for all who visit the Holy House and are interceded for there.*Deacons AssociateIn December 2011 Permanent Deacons (male and female) were invited to become Deacons Associate of the Holy House of the Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham. There is a special deacon's badge and associates receive the Shrine's mailings and the Holy House Mass/Intercession book.For further information or to apply to become a Deacon Associate please contact the Shrine's Membership Secretary:
Tel: 01328 820582 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Constitution of the Association
The Guardians of the Holy House have ultimate responsibility for the life of the Shrine. They delegate the running of the Association to the Priest Administrator of the Shrine who is ex officio the Superior General of the Association.
A lamp burns in the Holy House for Priests Associate; they are prayed for each day by members of the Living Rosary and in the intercessions at Shrine Prayers in Walsingham. A monthly requiem is offered at the Shrine for departed Priests Associate; their names are recorded in the Walsingham Review, the magazine of the Association and the Society of Our Lady of Walsingham, in thanksgiving for their life and ministry.
Priests Associate are invited to concelebrate at the National Pilgrimage and at other events organised by the Shrine. They are also able to identify themselves more closely with the Shrine's work of intercession by joining the Living Rosary of Our Lady of Walsingham; details from the Membership Secretary.
Membership of the Association is open to all male priests who are permitted to minister sacramentally at the Shrine: those of the Anglican Communion who are in good standing with their Bishop and episcopally ordained priests of Churches with whom the Anglican Communion is in full communion. The Guardians maintain the discipline of reserving sacramental ministry in the Shrine to male priests ordained by a male bishop. When necessary the Superior General of the Association (the Priest Administrator of the Shrine) will rule on admission to the Association, and in extreme circumstances may withdraw membership of the Association.
The joining fee is £10.00, for which a new Priest Associate receives the Association's badge, a copy of the Shrine's Holy House Mass Book and the current edition of the Walsingham Review. The joining fee also covers the first year of membership. Thereafter there is an annual subscription of £10.00 to cover the cost of receiving the Walsingham Review, the magazine of the Association and of the Society of the Holy House of Our Lady of Walsingham.
Details of each Priest Associate's name and address are recorded at the Shrine. Priests Associate are asked to inform the Membership Secretary of any change of address.