If you have Young Pilgrims in your group, they are particularly welcome and are fully encouraged to take part in the pilgrimage programme.
There is a bench in St Augustine's Chapel, which contains a variety of books, colouring sheets, puzzles etc. which your young pilgrims are welcome to use during services.
Activity booklets are also available at the back of the Shrine Church, which contain the story of Walsingham and a variety of different activities for children and young people to complete.
We can also provide an activity pack to keep your young pilgrims occupied during their time with here at the Shrine.
The Shrine welcomes young servers to assist at services in the Shrine Church. Robes can be provided or they can bring their own.
In addition to the Pilgrimage Programme, we can also provide activity sessions for groups of children and young people. These are available by prior arrangement to groups who are staying with us at the Shrine and for those who are visiting for the day.
- dress as a medieval pilgrim and learn about the history of pilgrimage
- young pilgrims tour of the Shrine
- decorating a votive lamp holder
- making a pilgrim badge
- various prayer activities
- young pilgrim's Stations of the Cross
- discussion groups for older children and teenagers
- first communion and confirmation sessions
- a variety of craft activities
If you would like any further information, to book sessions, or request activity packs for your children and young people please email Caroline Ward, the Director of Education: email@example.com