The Youth Pilgrimage is a week of lively worship, teaching, fellowship and fun for 11-18 year olds.
Pilgrimage has been taking place in Walsingham since the Middle Ages and the week brings it alive, making it relevant to young people in today’s world. The traditional pilgrimage devotions are presented in an up-beat, lively and enjoyable way, so young people can relate to them and take their experiences back to their home parishes.
The Youth Pilgrimage aims to:
- Bring pilgrimage alive and make it relevant to today’s world for the young people taking part.
- Offer traditional pilgrimage devotions in an upbeat lively and enjoyable way so they can relate and take this experience back to their home parishes.
- Offer leaders the experience of meeting other leaders, experiencing new music and ideas to take back to motivate young people in their home parishes.
What to expect
- Daily Mass in the Big Top
- Fantastic music provided by CJM
- BBQ and disco
- Lively worship
- The Holy Mile Procession
- Crafts, Sports, Music and Inflatables
- Fun, friendship and football!
- Free afternoons to explore or visit the beach
Hear from the Young People
What if I don't have many young people?
Some churches have found it beneficial to come together with other churches or as a diocese, especially if they have few young people. We are available to assist with this by coming out to help promote the Youth Pilgrimage, help with planning or finding churches near you who are coming.
If you would like to know more or arrange for someone to come out and support you in anyway, please contact Caroline Ward, The Director of Education - firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and Safety
Safety on site is our Number One priority.
- A professional Event Management Team
- 24 hour paramedics
- Comprehensive Risk Assessment
- 24 hour Security Team
- Safeguarding Officers
- Full Health and Safety Guidelines
- Security wristbands for all participants and visitors