In 2019 Godparents raised £13,331 – can you help us achieve more in our centenary year?
The Walsingham Youth Pilgrimage
The Walsingham Youth Pilgrimage offers a fantastic five days of worship, Bible study, teaching and fun for our teenage pilgrims.
Over the years it has changed the lives of countless young people who have never forgotten their week in Walsingham and many of them have come to love the Shrine and to make the pilgrimage ever since.
We want young people to have the opportunity to come regardless of their financial circumstances.
We need your help! Members of the Society of Our Lady of Walsingham are invited to support the pilgrimage by becoming a Godparent for the week. The financial help is important, but above all it creates a bond of fellowship, prayer and love with young people.
Your commitment as a Godparent
- To pray for the pilgrimage, and to be a prayer partner for one particular participant whose Christian name will be sent to you by post or email in the week leading up to the pilgrimage.
- A contribution of £30 to help cover the cost of that young person’s participation in the week.
You will receive
- A postcard from your ‘Godteenager’ as the week progresses.
- You will be prayed for each day during the Youth Pilgrimage week.
- The joy of knowing that you have contributed to the ongoing encouragement of a young pilgrim in their journey of faith.
What to do next
To become a Godparent during the Youth Pilgrimage for one or more of our young people, donate online now by clicking here.
Do please email email@example.com to inform the Membership Manager of your donation, stating: ‘I have made an online donation for the Shrine Godparent Scheme’ and include your name and address.